Job title: Accounting Associate
Working closely with the Accounting Manager, our Accounting Assistant supports the maintenance of accounting principles, practices and procedures, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting across the company. You are able to work productively in a dynamic environment and be a solutions-oriented team player.
Customer Invoicing and Receipting
- Bill all customers on a timely basis, filing copies as per documented procedures.
- Oversee stock levels.
- Process all online orders received within 48 hours.
- Record customer payments and prepare daily banking.
- Issue customer statements on a monthly basis.
Supplier Payments and Expenses
- Collate supplier invoices into weekly and monthly payment runs, streamlining payment processes wherever possible.
- Ensure all supplier bills are appropriately authorized for payment, and process payments when authorized.
- Record supplier payments and office expenses in QuickBooks accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
- Report to partners on a monthly basis as regards overdue accounts.
- Ensure account statements are sent to all clients with an outstanding balance at least once a month.
- Chase up overdue accounts via phone, letter and email.
- Document all account chasing activities in a manner that can be readily accessed and viewed by other staff.
Reconciliations of Key Accounts
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a nightly basis.
- Reconcile all loan accounts on at least a monthly/quarterly basis.
Processing of Payroll
- Maintain confidential records for all employees, including employment declarations and tax file numbers.
- Process employee pays, paying electronically into employee accounts.
- Distribute pay advices to employees, using sealed envelopes.
- Track employee time sheets and leave accruals.
- Reconcile and prepare payment summaries at end of year.
- Process end-of-year payroll in MYOB/QuickBooks, with assistance if required, archiving payroll records for a minimum of 7 years.
Budgets and Financial Statements
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and entering these into QuickBooks company file.
- Make end-of-month journals as required
- Prepare draft monthly financial statements and email to Accounts Supervisor.
- Provide additional reports to partners as required
- Work with Accounts Supervisor to review figures and provide information as requested.
- Liaise with IT Manager to ensure QuickBooks company files (both current and archived) are backed up offsite at least once a week.
- Maintain a subscription to QuickBooks software, and update software on an annual basis.
Assist Accounts Supervisor in the preparation of figures for quarterly Business Activity Statement.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable
- At least 3 years experience using Great Plains accounting software
- BS in accounting or related field
Job title: Web Developer
Product Application Development & Information Technology
Our Technology Group works within a 24 x 7 availability environment which includes development, staging and mirrored production servers to minimize disruption to end users during system upgrades and outages. One of our major competitive strengths is our commitment to customer service through support of our products.
You are a creative thinker and solid team player with strong interpersonal skills.
In particular you should possess as many of the following qualifications:
- 2 years of experience administering a web site and developing with PHP or ColdFusion environment.
- Have the desire and ability to learn ColdFusion.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Take pride in robust, reliable and documented work.
- Have the desire and ability to learn and interface with a variety of technologies.
- Have the desire and ability to learn additional programming languages and new web technologies.
- A sound knowledge of business, simulations, and modeling a plus.
- Strong English technical writing skills required.
- Confident working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field is expected; equivalent work experience or specialized training may suffice.
Job title: Capsim Internship Program
Capsim's marketing and sales, product development and client support groups work closely with our customers. To remain at the forefront of technology based learning applications, our core values are built around client service, entrepreneurship, integrity and trust. One of our company's key differentiators is our commitment to the service and support of our products.
Capsim's internship program runs on a six month timetable. For the first month of your internship, interns train on Capsim's Business Simulations, learning the ins and outs of our products. For the next two to three months, interns speak with student users and aid in the process of solving problems – all the while, learning more about our customer base. For the final two to three months, interns shift their focus to special projects based upon their skills and interests. Examples of project concentrations are: sales analysis, marketing, international operations and product development, to name a few.
Capsim's internship program gives a unique opportunity to current students and recent graduates to develop their skills in a broad manner. At the end of the six month internship, successful interns will have the option to extend their internship or come on board as a full-time employee.
This is a paid internship.
An ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage time efficiently and without constant supervision
- Ambition to contribute above and beyond what is asked of you
- Willingness and enthusiasm to contribute in a team-based environment
- Some business background or several courses in business
- Strong research skills, experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis a plus
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
Knowledge of CRM databases, SPSS, previous use of the Capstone or Foundation Business Simulations and multilingual speakers a plus.