There are no scheduled seminars at this time.
How to Integrate Capsim into Your Course
This two-day training session will give you the insight needed to effectively integrate a Capsim business simulation into your course. You will work with the Capsim Team and other instructors to discuss best practices for using our simulations to create an engaging classroom environment while developing your students' business acumen. You will experience our simulations from the perspective of both a student and a professor. During this seminar you will:
- Learn how your peers are integrating the simulation into their programs
- Gain valuable knowledge of how to debrief results of the simulation
- Experience playing the simulation from a participant's perspective
- Identify the cross-functional interactions in the simulation
- Learn more about Capsim’s entire suite of products, including new product development
How to Use Comp-XM Reports for Assessment & AoL
This workshop is designed to give Comp-XM users more in-depth training. The focus will be specifically on leveraging Comp-XM reports. This includes utilizing them to:
- Assess participant performance
- Measure results against your Assurance of Learning Goals
- Access and format the information needed for Accreditation
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 312-477-7200.
Who Should Attend
Capsim Seminars are great for new or experienced users as well as those looking to learn more about business simulations as educational tools.
The seminar will answer a range of questions relating to our business simulations and assessment tools:
- How do I incorporate a simulation into an existing class structure?
- Can the simulations fit into a compressed schedule?
- Can the simulations be used in an online setting?
- What do I need to get started?
- Do I need training to teach a simulation?
- How do I get support when I need it?
- How will the simulations help with outcome assessment goals?
- How long does the system keep records of our courses?
- What should I do to prepare for the simulation?
- Do I need technical abilities to run a simulation?
- What sort of decisions do students make?
- How do I control the pace of the simulation?
- How do I interpret results?
- How do I grade a simulation?
15/15: Countdown to Success
A series for students
We’re here to help you become a success. Join us on Mondays and Thursdays at 1PM CT for a 30-minute webinar to gain a better understanding of key concepts used in the simulation. Each webinar will be divided into two 15-minute segments. The first half will be dedicated to providing tips you can leverage to enhance your performance. During the last half, you drive the conversation by asking your own questions.
|Ready. Set. Go! Your path to success
Getting started & strategy/mission statements
|Mon, Sept 8, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
|Snapshot of the market
Basic decision making
|Thu, Sept 11 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
Understanding the Courier/FastTrack
|Mon, Sept 15, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
|Push the envelope
Research & development: Advanced decision making
|Thu, Sept 18, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
|Spotlight your brand
Marketing: Advanced decision making
|Mon, Sept 22, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
|Predict the future
Forecasting: Advanced decision making
|Thu, Sept 25, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
|Keep the line moving
Production: Advanced decision making
|Mon, Sept 29, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
|In the red or in the black
Finance: Advanced decision making
|Thu, Oct 2, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
Human resources & TQM: Advanced decision making
|Mon, Oct 6, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
|Wrapping it up - final debrief
Debrief reports & scoring
|Thu, Oct 9, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM CDT|
Previously Recorded Webinars:
15/15: Countdown to Success
- Quality matters - Human Resources & TQM: Advanced Decision Making (August 5, 2014)
- In the red or in the black - Finance: Advanced Decision Making (July 31, 2014)
- Keep the line moving - Production: Advanced Decision Making (July 29, 2014)
- Predict the future - Forecasting: Advanced Decision Making (July 24, 2014)
- Spotlight your brand - Marketing: Advanced Decision Making (July 22, 2014)
- Push the envelope - Research & Development: Advanced Decision Making (July 17, 2014)
- Right or left - Basic Decision Making (July 15, 2014)
- Your path to success - Strategy/Mission Statement (July 10, 2014)
- Ready. Set. Go! - Getting Started (July 8, 2014)
What's New at Capsim
The Capsim Challenge takes Capstone and Foundation alumni and pits them against each other in a biannual competition to crown the world’s best at running a multi-million dollar simulated company. Twice each year Capsim alumni have the opportunity to test their business acumen against over 1500 competitors from all over the globe. Participation in the Challenge is free. Please see below if you are eligible to compete.
Spring 2014 Capstone Grand Finals Results
|1st||Mike Veigel||804||University of North Alabama||Dennis Balch|
|2nd||Ngar Yee Melody Chung||721||The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology||Kai-Lung Hui|
|3rd||Charbel Ghassan||718||American University of Beirut||Marina Apaydin|
|Ali Abou Haidar|
|4th||Vinod Agrawal||526||IIM, Raipur – India||Dharam Pal|
|5th||Ida Manning||510||Kelley School of Business, Indiana University||Kenneth Wendeln|
|6th||Hoang Tran Thien||423||RMIT University||David Knock|
Spring 2014 Foundation Grand Finals Results
|1st||Napat Pongsamart||781||Mahidol University||Bhakorn Makarananda|
|2nd||Donna Weathers||703||University of Montana||Shawn Clouse|
|3rd||Ripken LaMarsh||699||Lenoir-Rhyne University||Craig Schreiber|
|4th||Adam Brill||636||The King s College||Dawn Fotopulos|
|5th||Hoi Shan Kathy Tang||601||BYU Hawaii||Kevin Castle|
|Man Yu Wu|
|6th||Joshua Hambrick||536||Bob Jones University||Andrew Cropsey|